Getting ready for Christmas


We are well and truly into the Christmas rush now. The last few cards and gifts need to be sent, the social whirl is in frenetic mode, and Mariah Carey is everywhere, like some kind of golden-voiced, glittery diva angel.

I approve.

As we head towards the celebrations proper, I am all about getting ready for Christmas. There are so many little things to do to ensure the festive period goes smoothly.

I like to check that our Christmas food orders are sorted and doublechecked (thank heavens for online shopping too, I must say). We're getting most of our stuff delivered by Ocado on the 23rd, and we have some delicious options on the list (Poppet is most interested in the large free range turkey crown of course!).



I try to ensure we have enough bedding and towels for festive guests, and with cute duvet covers like this from George, gorgeous throws from The White Company, and soft, cosy towels from John Lewis, we are all set for any guests, both expected and unexpected!

Likewise, it's always a good idea to make sure you have plenty of furniture and seats & tableware - Christmas is always a bumper time for people in the house. Whether it's extra bar stools for the breakfast bar from Fishpools, an extra table from Ikea or a few new plates from Tesco, now's the time to pick up some pretty little details.

I like to check our stocks of medical supplies and essentials the weekend before the big day, so that I can stock up if required. I always make sure we have things for sore heads, upset tums from rich food, and plasters and antiseptic for any cooking ouchies! I also double up on things like bread and milk and pop some in the freezer so we are fully stocked - it's always nice to know you've plenty in. On a similar note I always check we have loo roll and tissues aplenty!

Cleaning wise I like to make sure that the house is spick-and-span by the evening of the 23rd, so I can take a good few days off for house stuff (bar cooking and dishes), so I'm making a list - and checking it twice, naturally - of jobs to get ticked off before the festivities begin.

So here we are a hive of activity ahead of the celebrations! In addition to all of the above there are visits to drop off presents, the last few items bought, and then it's time to unwind. How do you get ready for Christmas? Do you have much left to do?





Disclaimer: I was asked to write a sponsored post on how I was getting ready for Christmas. All lists, opinions and overexcitement my own, of course!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig