Making a house a home

Source: This cute printable is from Nessa Makes.

During the holidays, our house tends to be clean, tidy, well-kept.

During termtime....it's a different story.

I make lists, plans, schedules, but choosing chores rarely happens - there's always other stuff to do!

My friend E posted this schedule on pinterest the other week, and I liked the simplicity.  Just a few things to do each day.  

My problem otherwise is that I get too ambitious.  

Past Me always woefully overestimates how much Future Me will be willing and able to do.  

It's very easy to write in my planner that on a Wednesday night I'll hoover the sitting room, iron a pile of shirts and cook up a batch of treats.  

It's very hard to do so on that Wednesday night after an extra long day at work, or an impromptu late night chat with the girls, or a date with Matthew!

Just called me a wannabe housewife.  I love a good bit of homemaking, but it's hard to fit it all in sometimes!  So I try my best.

Don't we all?

How do you get it all done, lovelies?  Do you have a favourite chore? (Mine? Cooking and ironing)  Or a most-hated chore? (Hoovering!).


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig