The great study project, part 2

I wrote last month about our house project, to change two rooms. making what was my study into a spare room, and the spare room into a new study for me. This project is a definite labour of love, and getting it done around everything else is a challenge! However, progress is being made and I'd say we are well over 50% of the way. Of course, this now means that we are in the 'eek!' phase, where it looks worse before it gets better!


This is the former study, with the piles of stuff ready to be stored away, thrown away or recycled/donated. It's times like this I really wish we had a car!


Probably the most together of my spaces - love this long desk (actually two Ikea dining tables) with plenty of roomfor writing, taking notes, and creating. The skylight is wonderful - loads of light spilling in!


The pile is receding a little more every day, but when you're a stationery fiend like me there's always a lot of sorting through to do.


So. Much. Stuff. I may have to get Kondo on it!


Please excuse my slightly-burned ironing board - the high heat needed for cotton shirts is a little punishing!


Now there's a little shelf space created, there's more room for things, so I can definitely peek at the light at the end of the tunnel. I better get back to it now - looking forward to cracking and a getting it donw, and showing the finished rooms here before too long. Wish me luck, please!

Linking up with the Home Etc. team - such a great linky for tips, tricks, and swoonworthy rooms. And then  posts like mine, haha!

Home Etc
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig